L&I announces improvements to prevailing-wage online system
From Jim Christensen, L&I’s Industrial Statistician
L&I recently announced that prime contractors and awarding agencies can quickly message each other and/or L&I about a project within their Prevailing Wage Intent & Affidavit (PWIA) system or Awarding Agency Portal. These features will help keep everyone in the loop, save time, and minimize phone calls by keeping project conversations in one spot.
Contractors can learn more and get instructions about these new features by clicking here.
Here are a few examples on how you might use project messaging:
- Request details from the awarding agency about the contracted work.
- Ask L&I Prevailing Wage what the trade/occupation would be, based on the pictures and documents you added to the message.
- Request the status of the Notice of Completion from L&I Contract Release.
While using these new features, please keep in mind:
- All messages and files are subject to public disclosure and cannot be deleted.
- Don’t include any personal identifiable information, such as social security numbers.
- These features are not available to subcontractors at this time, but may be added at a later date.
- The messaging tool is not intended to communicate with co-workers about a project.
Your feedback drove these improvements! Please keep providing us great feedback.
We hope these improvements make it easier for you to do business with L&I.
Jim P. Christensen
Industrial Statistician and Program Manager
Department of Labor and Industries