Group Retro Program
When it comes to individual refunds back to members, AGC's Group Retro workers’-comp program is a top industry performer, year-in and year-out.
(May 2023) Congratulations, AGC Retro members, on $80 million in premium refunds for the three years in cycle — plus a bit more from a prior year! These results reflect your commitment to safety and light-duty accommodation.
While top performers will earn refunds of 50% or more, the same efforts also reduce L&I insurance costs for both employer and employee while preventing and reducing injuries.
AGC Group-Retro program opportunities
AGC Group Retro is a retrospective premium-rating program. These are safety incentive-based programs, approved by the State Department of Labor and Industries (L&I), that provide employers with an opportunity to receive a substantial refund of their industrial-insurance premiums.
With features that include hands-on claims-management assistance, an in-house vocational counselor, one-of-a-kind return-to-work services, stringent underwriting criteria requiring Safety Team® membership and more, AGC Group Retro is the state’s best-value workers-comp program, with
• average individual top-performer refunds of 51% over the last 20 years
• the lowest administrative costs among workers-comp retrospective rating programs at approximately 5% of the refund, and
• an industry-best 99% member-retention rate.
To contact AGC Group Retro, please call 360.352.1632.
Are you an AGC member and interested in the state’s best-value workers’-comp program?
Call the AGC Group Retro office at 360.352.1632 for more information. The cost of Group Retro membership is only a one-time $2,000 refundable deposit — with no quarterly fees.
Wonder how your company would have performed as a member of AGC Group Retro?
Then click here and complete the form to receive your confidential and free analysis. Fax it toll-free to 888.737.3876, or scan and email to Lauren Gubbe.
AGC Group Retro is governed by a committee comprised of members representing companies enrolled in the AGC Group Retro plan. Members include chief financial officers and/or principals and safety directors.
• Van Hardy, honorary AGC member and former vice president – GLY Construction (chair)
• Valerie Whitman, EEO/HR manager – Max J. Kuney Company (Inland NW AGC chapter representative)
• Danielle Welch, controller, Merit Construction Northwest
• Dawn Stephens, 2022 AGC president and vice president of finance, Ferguson Construction
• Tracy Miller, controller, Drywall Specialties, Inc. (Inland NW AGC chapter representative)
• Michael Holmes, EHS director, KLB Construction
The committee meets quarterly and meetings are open to any AGC group retro member.
Click here to view award-winners’ photos from our 2023 Group Retro Awards event.
Click here to view photos from our 2023 Northern District Group Retro Awards event.
Click here to view photos from our 2023 Central District Group Retro Awards event.
Click here to view the entire list of 2023’s top-performing Retro-program members.