Oct 8, 2019 08:00 AM
Changes in Prevailing Wage - YakimaAdd to Calendar
There are a LOT of changes coming to Washington State’s prevailing-wage laws and policies. Know what they are and how to remain in compliance.
AGC is partnering with the Department of Labor and Industries to provide several presentations about prevailing-wage changes. Jim Christensen, who heads L&I’s prevailing-wage program, will let you know what’s new and what’s changing.
• There are the new and higher penalties.
Do you know how they will be applied and how they can be waived?
• Providing certified payrolls will soon be mandatory.
Do you how will they might be submitted?
• The number of investigations has increased.
What does L&I’s escalation strategy look like?
• What is L&I seeing regarding problems with benefit calculations?
How could those problems could be avoided?
• Training is now mandatory for less-experienced public-works contractors.
Who is required to get the training, and how they can access it?
• Improvements have been made to the contractor portal and other system operations.
Do you have questions?
• Who should attend?
Any contractor or subcontractor that does public works contracting.
Please email or call Michele Willms at 360.352.5000.
All transfers or cancellations must be received 3 business days prior to the event start date to avoid forfeiting 100% of the event fee. To clarify, if the event is on Tuesday, you must cancel the Wednesday of the preceding week by 5pm.