Jan 24, 2019 08:00 AM
Partnering and Conflict-Resolution Training (Jan. 24, 2019)Add to Calendar
Presented by WSDOT Headquarters Construction, AGC of Washington,
the Port of Seattle and RHC, LLC
Click HERE to see the event flyer.
Contractors and WSDOT/Port of Seattle staff involved in the administration of construction contracts.
Training runs from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Limited seating available -- register soon!
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT), in conjunction with the Associated General Contractors (AGC) of Washington, the Port of Seattle and RHA, LLC, will be providing Partnering and Conflict Resolution training to WSDOT and Port of Seattle staff, and contractor personnel, involved in the administration of construction contracts.
The concept of partnering on construction projects has been around since the early 1990s and embraces the principles of:
• Trust and open communications.
• All parties address and resolve issues and problems promptly and at the lowest possible level.
• All parties strive to develop solutions that are agreeable and meet the needs of everyone involved (win-win approach).
• All parties have identified common goals for the partnership and at the same time are aware of and respect each other’s goals and values.
• Partners seek input from each other in an effort to find better solutions to the problems and issues at hand. This creates synergy in the relationship that fosters cooperation and improves the productivity of the partnership.
The objective of embracing these Partnering principles is to reduce conflict and disputes on construction contracts that result in wasted time and money that ultimately result in increased costs. Emphasis is placed on revitalizing the Partnering principles and the development of personnel skills that will promote better communication, negotiation and issue-resolving abilities.
WSDOT NW Region Office
15700 Dayton Avenue North, Shoreline WA 98133
Renee Hoekstra of RHA, LLC
AGC members will need to register via AGC’s website at www.agcwa.com. Non-AGC members must call or email Michele Willms at 360.352.5000.
(Cancellations must be received three business days prior to the event start date to avoid forfeiting 100% of the course fee.)
WSDOT staff will register in the Learning Management System (LMS).
Port of Seattle staff, please email Adriana Graybill to register.
All transfers or cancellations must be received 3 business days prior to the event start date to avoid forfeiting 100% of the event fee. To clarify, if the event is on Tuesday, you must cancel the Wednesday of the preceding week by 5pm.