Culture of CARE Awareness Week
Helping construction employers improve safety, productivity and retention of skilled tradespeople by supporting diverse & inclusive workplaces.
AGC of Washington’s Culture of CARE Awareness Week features daily activities highlighting various diversity and inclusion resources to help your company and your employees connect with inclusion culture and celebrate diversity at all levels. With a special theme CARE from Where You Are, the week features a daily personal challenge and resources to help construction jobsites engage with and celebrate Culture of CARE all week.
Social Media Contest During Awareness Week, AGC will be holding a social-media contest to highlight individual and company participation. There will be daily challenge winners as well as an overall company winner. To participate, see our Culture of CARE Awareness Week social-media contest flier.
CARE from Where You Are hardhat sticker Order up to 100 limited-edition Awareness Week hardhat stickers by emailing Penny Schmitt.
We have provided a timeline for companies to follow, along with resources for a full week of activity. Suggested activities are offered in three participation levels so as many companies as possible can participate.
How to prepare…
June 7- July 23: Get ready!
Order your limited-edition CARE from Where You Are hardhat stickers
If promoting Culture of CARE in the Community for Thursday of Awareness Week, plan a charity or volunteer opportunity for your employees.
If planning a celebration for Friday of Awareness Week, hire catering and consider partnering with a BIPOC company.
July 12-23: More advertising!
Invite employees to attend Culture of CARE Summer Forum
Promote your charity or volunteer opportunity
Advertise the Culture of CARE Awareness Week Social Media Contest
AWARENESS WEEK SCHEDULE
Monday, July 26
Daily Focus: Awareness Week Kick-off
Toolbox Talk: You and Culture of CARE Awareness Week- Committing to a Culture of CARE + Awareness Week introduction (What to expect during the week, daily individual challenges and how to be eligible for an AGC prize, and why AGC cares about this issue.)
Daily Employee Challenge: Repost your companies Culture of CARE Awareness Week social media post and put your hardhat sticker on.
· Post or email a message from leadership (owner of company) about the importance of Culture of CARE and what will be happening during Awareness Week.
· Create a Culture of CARE Awareness Week social media post; #AGCCultureofCARE, #CultureofCAREAwarenessWeek
· Easy activity plus — hold a Toolbox Talk using Day 1 “You and Culture of CARE Awareness Week”
· Post a Culture of CARE Awareness Week Jobsite Banner
· Hold an Awareness Week social-media contest.
· Individual daily challenge: TBD
· All of the above
· Company leader attend jobsite in person to express company commitment to Culture of CARE, and You and Culture of CARE Awareness Week Toolbox Talk or create a company commitment video featuring your company leadership.
· Hand out company Culture of CARE Awareness Week swag
Tuesday, July 27
Daily Focus: Know your co-workers
Toolbox Talk: Building a Culture of CARE
Daily Employee Challenge: Introduce yourself to someone you don’t know or share something about yourself that a co-worker doesn’t know about you.
· Easy: Know your co-workers social media post; #AGCCultureofCARE, #CultureofCAREAwarenessWeek
· Moderate: Easy plus present the Day 2 Toolbox Talk
· All-In: Moderate plus, message from leadership showing appreciation for each employee’s individual action that create an inclusive culture. Create a video from leadership highlighting inclusion culture and diversity hiring practices.
Wednesday, July 28
Daily Focus: Understanding the effects of racism and sexism on the job.
Daily Employee Challenge: Sign the AGC of America Culture of CARE individual pledge
· Understanding the effects of racism and sexism on the job social media post; #AGCCultureofCARE, #CultureofCAREAwarenessWee
Thursday, July 29
Daily Focus: Culture of CARE in the community
Toolbox Talk: Leading a Culture of CARE + Connecting with affinity groups, provide community service or charity opportunities
Daily Employee Challenge: Sign up for a volunteer opportunity or connect with an affinity group.
· Easy: Culture of CARE Awareness Week social media post; #AGCCultureofCARE, #CultureofCAREAwarenessWeek
· Moderate: Easy plus… hold Day 3 Toolbox Talk: Leading a Culture of CARE and invite employees to attend the Culture of CARE Summer Forum.
· All-In: Moderate plus… Provide a community service or charity opportunity to employees demonstrating the company’s commitment to Culture of CARE in the Community, and post information which would connect employees to affinity groups.
Friday, July 30
Daily Focus: Culture of CARE Celebration Day!
Toolbox Talk: Continuing a Culture of CARE
Daily Employee Challenge: Share with your company how you would like to Culture of CARE a focus each and every week, and what your employer can do to help.
· Culture of CARE Awareness Week social media post; #AGCCultureofCARE, #CultureofCAREAwarenessWeek
· Easy plus… present the Day 3 Toolbox Talk: Continuing a Culture of CARE
· Moderate plus… cater a jobsite lunch and announce the Awareness Week employee of the week and consider hiring a BIPOC company.