In 2022, AGC of Washington will celebrate our one-hundredth year of existence — and yeah, it’s a big deal!
Of course, we want our members to be a part of it in a big way. So we’re starting with a members-only contest to design the official AGC of Washington Centennial Celebration logo. Of course, the winning design will be used and seen high and low, far and wide, all over our centennial-celebration materials and events.
We’re making it interesting, too. Designer(s) of the winning logo will enjoy high praise, admiration and world-wide acclaim (as much as we can crank out, at least). Oh, yeah — and $500 in cold hard cash, as well as two tickets to (and recognition at) our 2022 Centennial Celebration.
Interested? Well come on — get all the nitty-gritty below, and start designing!
• The new AGC of Washington logo (as yet unreleased; to be adopted in 2021) must be incorporated into the Centennial logo design. View and download the new AGCW logo in vertical format here; the horizontal format here (both PNG formats). Contest entrants may use their choice of the vertical or horizontal format. AGCW reserves the right to adapt the winning design to the other (horizontal or vertical) format, and a gray-scale version, as needed.
• The logo can be created by an individual or a team of individuals (all persons to be identified with submission; all must be employees of an AGCW-member firm).
• Limit of one entry per person/team.
• Contest entries must be submitted digitally — JPG, PNG, EPS or AI file formats only — 300 dpi recommended. Entries should be emailed directly to AGCW marketing director Sean Lewis here. All entries will be acknowledged.
• AGC reserves the right to modify or adapt the design to optimize it for aesthetics and/or use in various applications.
• Design entries must be submitted at 300 dpi (for PNG or JPG files) with the largest dimension not exceeding 10″.
• Design submissions will be accepted only from October 1 through December 31, 2020.
• The Centennial Planning Committee will review all entries and choose the contest winner in January 2021. The winner will be notified at that time.
• Announcements will go out to all AGC members identifying the winner, and displaying the winning design, in January 2021.
• $500 in cash.
• Two tickets to the AGCW Centennial Celebration in 2022.
• Recognition throughout the year as the logo designer in various Centennial-related communications.