House Bill 1714 introduced by Rep. Eileen Cody would have essentially eliminated association health plans. AGC joined with several other associations and fought this legislation which died in the House of Representatives.
The defeat of this bill is a big win for the AGC Health Plan and the contractors that rely on it said AGC Government Affairs Manager Christine Swanson noting that the bill died when it failed to move and missed a legislative cut-off date.
The good news of the bills defeat offers an opportunity to remind AGC members of its health plan. The AGC Health Plan is exclusively tailored for construction industry needs and offers:
• Cost savings through bulk purchasing and streamlined technology
• Wide choice of plans coverage and physicians
• One stop call center and web-based management offer fast and accurate support and information
• Prescription drug benefits including mail-order pharmacy
• Preventive care and wellness programs
• 24-hour medical advice line
• Options include dental orthodontia vision and flexible benefit (Section 125) plan administration
• COBRA administration at no additional cost
• Convenient premium payment by electronic funds transfer
• Dollar bank can provide employees continued coverage during low points in the construction cycle
• One stop call center
Exclusive local agent network provides direct support for AGC members. For a quote or more detailed information call 866.298.8262 or contact Margaret Huling one of the exclusive agents for the AGC Health Plan via email at email@example.com or by phone at 503.459.4554.