The AGC Education Foundation of Seattle has announced its 2014-2015 scholarship recipients!
University of Washington
• Lee “Colton” Cox Duvall WA: Chester H. & Elizabeth N. Johnson Memorial Scholarship
• Sergio Ortega Edmonds WA: William and Jean Scott Building Construction Scholarship
• Nick Santini Seattle WA: Employees of GLY Construction Scholarship and the Howard S. Lease Memorial Fund Scholarship
• Tanya Trongtham Seattle WA: Donald and Clarice Bocek Endowment Scholarship the Betcher Family Foundation Scholarship and the Robert W. Austin Memorial Fund Scholarship
Central Washington University
• Joel Greear Ellensburg WA: Mr. A E. DeAtley Scholarship
• Brian Merris Bellingham WA: Robert L. & Betty L. Landau Scholarship
• Ryan Romano Ellensburg WA: Larry Johnson/Prime Construction Endowment Scholarship and the Hugh S. Ferguson Endowment Scholarship
• Kindra Scobba Vancouver WA: Donald & Clarice Bocek Endowment Scholarship
Washington State University
• Avery Bahr Bellingham WA: Foushée & Associates Inc. Construction Training & Education Fund Scholarship
• Andrew Croskrey Richland WA: Hugh S. Ferguson Endowment Scholarship and the Frank and Susan Young Endowment Scholarship
• Armando Espinosa Peshastin WA: Robert L. & Betty L. Landau Scholarship and the Robert B. McEachern Memorial Scholarship
• Michael Fisher Anchorage AK: Employees of J.R. Abbott Construction Training & Education Scholarship and the James P. Crutcher Endowment Scholarship
• Kelsey Gardner Castle Rock WA: Chester H. & Elizabeth N. Johnson Memorial Scholarship and the AGC EF Investing in Leaders Scholarship
• Marshall Ruehl Spokane WA: Mr. & Mrs. Allan Osberg Scholarship
• Charlotte Schmitz Veradale WA: MulvannyG2 Memorial Fund in Memory of Patricia Chikamoto Lee
The scholarship selection committee was directed by Curt Gimmestad of Absher Construction and included Bob Adams of Guy F. Atkinson Construction Mac Gray of Gray Lumber Matt Lessard of Wilcox Construction Britt Slone of Foushée & Associates Inc. and Mahi Demissie Adam Rohde Andrew Spelman and Ally Webley of Sellen Construction. Mr. Lessard and Ms. Webley are former scholarship recipients from the AGC Education Foundation.
The AGC Education Foundation was founded in 1980 to develop and promote construction careers through quality education and training. Its scholarship program is committed to supporting the education of men and women interested in careers in the construction industry. Scholarships are awarded annually to students enrolled in construction related programs in Washington state includingtechnical schools community colleges and universities.