Congratulations to the first graduating class of the AGC Education Foundation’s new Lean Construction Certification Program (LCCP)! Thirteen students completed all six modules of the program which taught participants new lean techniques and approaches that reduce costs reduce schedules improve quality and remove variability and risk in projects.
Due to the growing popularity of LCCP AGC EF is offering the series again beginning this Thursday January 9 2014. Thursday’s Module 1 is sold out but a second Module 1 class has been set up for Friday January 10 2014. Please contact Adrienne Woods at the AGC EF at 206.284.4500 to register or visit www.constructionfoundation.org.
The first 13 students to complete all six modules include:
– Carrie Boettcher Sellen Construction
– Kevin Coddington Graham Contracting Ltd.
– Paul Garlock Lydig Construction Inc.
– Chris Griffin Graham Contracting Ltd.
– Dan Harringa Graham Contracting Ltd.
– Steve Massey Bayley Construction GP
– Wade Meyer Bayley Construction GP
– Joel Niemi Joel Niemi Architect
– Pete Slisz Dawson Construction Inc.
– Anna Smithlin Abbott Construction
– Andy Sprague Abbott Construction
– Mike Steinthal Absher Construction
– Mark Tellefson Sellen Construction
Attendees received practical training as the certification program combined both hands-on and classroom-teaching approaches. The curriculum and instruction were designed and provided by Professional Engineers (PE) who are licensed and practicing in the state of Washington. Paul Garlock Superintendent at Lydig Construction states “I would absolutely recommend this class. The role playing and exercises were great! As an instructor I know firsthand that this is the way most adults learn best. Since the classes I have definitely been thinking of how I can use the principals and ideals that will help streamline processes.”