The $526.8 billion defense budget signed by President Obama during the holidays includes $153 million for projects at JBLM and $85 million for facilities at Naval Air Station Whidbey Island.
The local projects funded in the defense bill are:
• $79 million for a new Army aircraft maintenance hanger at Lewis-McChord.
• $37 million for Army airfield improvements at Lewis-McChord.
• $28 million for an Army aviation headquarters at Lewis-McChord.
• $9.1 million to build a machine gun firing range at Lewis-McChord’s Yakima Training Center.
• $18.2 million for water-treatment improvements at Naval Base Kitsap.
• $25 million toward improvements at Naval Base Kitsap’s explosives handling wharf.
• $32.5 million for improvements to the EA-18G Growler facility at Naval Air Station Whidbey Island.
• $85.2 million for a P-8A Poseidon hangar and training facility at Whidbey Island.
• $10 million to replace a fuel pier at Whidbey Island.