The following info is provided by the Seattle MBDA Business Center.
Hello AGC members! I’m Rhonda DeVito a business consultant at the Seattle MBDA Business Center and I’d like to invite AGC members to use our services.
Never heard of the MBDA? The Minority Business Development Agency is funded by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce and is the sole federal agency that serves only minority-owned firms that are more established and already earning revenues over $1 million. The Seattle MBDA Business Center is one of forty centers in a national network providing minority entrepreneurs with professional business and financial services. It is operated locally by Community Capital Development a non-profit business-development and lending organization.
The Seattle MBDA Business Center provides Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) assistance in obtaining access to capital markets resources and advocacy as part of a plan to strategically grow their companies. The MBDA also assists firms with the certification process and then promotes them to primes and agencies that can use their services.
While the MBDA serves all industries over half of the MBEs at the Seattle MBDA Business Center are in the construction industry from design to turnkey construction including support services and products. Most hold various federal/state/local certifications and are very experienced in government contracting.
Here are ways the Seattle MBDA Business Center can assist AGC members:
– source well-qualified M/W/DBE 8a HUB Zone & Veteran sub-contractors to achieve contracting inclusion goals;
– do personal introductions to MBEs including for teaming and JVs;
– hold outreach and educational events at our facility for free (including parking!);
– advertise upcoming projects you wish MBEs to bid on with you plus provide a report on results for GFE;
– assist subcontractors with obtaining bonding and working capital;
– find good MBE firms to mentor and
– locate MBE sub-contractors across the US working with other MBDA Centers.
AGC members can use the services of the Seattle MBDA Business Center at no cost.
Contact us today at 206.267.3131 or email me directly to learn how we can work with you!
For more information please visit our websites: