Members of AGC of Washington whose building overlooks the CWB’s Lake Union site and the National Electrical Contractors Association are having a special impact on the facility by providing materials equipment and skilled carpenters electricians roofers crane operators and other craftsmen for a series of projects including (check out the photos here):
- Construction and repair of wood storage cabinets for life jackets and other equipment.
- Design and installation of a 20’ foot I-beam for the boat shop to lift small craft out of the water and into the shop for repair.
- Lifting 8 floating docks out of the water rebuilding and repairing them and returning them to the water.
- Providing and installing stove pipe for the wood stove in the boat shop.
- Installing new electrical service for the livery docks.
- Materials donations and reroofing of all CWB buildings.
Except for installation of the I-beam and reroofing all the projects have been completed.
A very special thanks to all the following participants who helped support this project: Lennon Crane CalPortland Gray Lumber Company McKinstry Co NCM NECA IBEW Local 46 – Seattle Lease Crutcher Lewis OAC KBA Construction Management Holmes Electric Yakima Steel Garner Scott Galvanizing Inc. and SNC Lavalin.
CWB is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to preserving maritime heritage for future generations by preserving and sharing both the artifacts and the time-tested maritime skills of sailing paddling boatbuilding and boat maintenance. Funding for CWB is provided by member dues and grants.