Workshop set for morning of Aug. 22 at Seattle City Hall
SEATTLE — Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) is hosting an August 22 workshop to provide contractors with information about upcoming opportunities to do business with the department before these projects are advertised.
View the flyer for this event here.
The workshop which will be held in the Bertha Knight Landes Room at Seattle City Hall will run from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Project Managers will present information on these upcoming SPU projects:
• North Transfer Station
• Morse Lake Pump Plant
• Landsburg Facilities and Chlorination
• Windermere and Genesee CSO bid packages
• Knickerbocker Floodplain Improvement
• 52nd Ave S Conveyance CSO/Lower Mapes Creek Restoration
• Thornton Creek Confluence
• Utilities Job Order Contract Work Orders
• And more small medium and large sized projects…
Due to room size advance registration is requested to guarantee admittance. Registration will also help SPU develop a distribution list for future events. Register at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/V8J5Z6K
Among the topics that will be covered in the three-hour workshop are:
• SPU contracting processes.
• Working with SPU.
• Women and minority-owned business inclusion plans.
• Residential RainWise Program Opportunities
• Community Advisory Committees Vacancies
Project Managers other staff and prime contractors seeking WMBES will be available to speak one-on-one with contractors. (This session will be timed and contractors will be asked to rotate.) All questions asked during the General Q&A and Business to SPU portions of the workshop will be recorded and published.
Questions? Please contact:
Learn more about Seattle Public Utilities at: http://www.seattle.gov/util.
Follow SPU on Twitter: www.twitter.com/SeattleSPU.
In addition to providing a reliable water supply to more than 1.3 million customers in the Seattle metropolitan area SPU provides essential sewer drainage solid waste and engineering services that safeguard public health maintain the City’s infrastructure and protect conserve and enhance the regions environmental resources.