Congratulations to the 2020 Excellence in Contract Administration award winners —
The winners of the annual Partnership for Excellence in Contract Administration Awards, co-sponsored by AGC of Washington and WSDOT, were announced by the AGC and WSDOT at a virtual meeting on March 3. AGC and WSDOT also honored long-time AGC member Scott Ayers for his two decades of service and valuable input on the AGC/WSDOT Structures Team, as Scott will soon be retiring.
These awards recognize and encourage extraordinary achievements by the contractor/WSDOT partnership responsible for delivering transportation projects in a timely, professional and responsive manner while also considering the needs of others who are affected by the project.
Congratulations to these 2020 winners:
- Eastern-Washington Projects Less than $3M: US 97A, S of Knapps Hill Tunnel Slope Stabilization – Jason Halverson & Justin Anderson (Granite Construction Co.) and Brian Pearson (WSDOT)
- Eastern-Washington Projects $3M to $10M: SR 21, Kelly Ferry Terminal and Pontoon Replacement – Jonathan Bergford (IMCO General Construction, Inc.) and Chad Simmons (WSDOT)
- Western-Washington Project Less than $3M: SR 706, E of Ashford – Stabilize Slope – Jeremy Deemer (Granite Construction Co.) and John Romero (WSDOT)
- Western-Washington Project Less than $3M (Honorable Mention): SR 530, Flood Repair at MP 58.8 –Todd Snyder (Trimaxx Construction Inc.) and Shane Spahr (WSDOT)
- Western-Washington Project $3M to $10M: I-5/S R500, SB Interstate Bridge to 78th Street Vic. – Active Traffic Management — Tyrel Rosenlund (Mill Plain Electric, Inc.) and Mike Briggs (WSDOT)
- Western-Washington Projects $3M to $10M (Honorable Mention): Loutsis Creek Fish Passage — Mike Jacobs (Goodfellow Brothers) and Shawn Wendt (WSDOT)
- Western-Washington Projects Greater than $10M: I-5/SR 510 Interchange Reconstruction: Tom Kress (Scarcella Brothers, Inc.) and Brian Whitehouse (WSDOT)
- Design/Build Project Less than $30M: US 101 Coffee Creek – Fish Barrier Removal: Shannon Phipps (Parsons/Scarsella Joint Venture) and John Romero (WSDOT)