AGC Future Leadership Forum Steering Committee member Hunter Collins was Project Manager for the I-5 to 12th Ave. S. Seismic Retrofit project which recently received an Excellence in Contract Administration Award from WSDOT and AGC.
In total nine transportation construction projects were honored for administrative or environmental excellence by WSDOT and AGC of Washington. Awards were presented at the WSDOT/AGC annual meeting January 6 2011 in Fircrest WA.
Six projects were selected as winners of 2010 Partnership for Excellence in Contract Administration. Awards were presented to the administrative team including the construction firm its project manager and the WSDOT project engineers. The administrative teams were honored for delivering transportation projects in a timely professional and responsive manner while also considering the needs of others who are affected by the project. A panel of judges based their selections on the following criteria: customer-focused administration innovative problem solving the overcoming of extraordinary challenges effective contract administration timely completion of the project and safety.
In addition three projects received Partnership for Environmental Excellence in Construction Management Awards. The projects were chosen according to criteria including innovation extraordinary response and collaboration.
The Excellence in Contract Administration winning projects are:
Category: Eastern WA Projects Less than $3 million
• 07-09 Roadside Safety Improvements. Contractor: Frank Gurney Inc. Carl Stewart Project Manager. WSDOT: Bob Hilmes PE.
Category: Eastern WA Projects $3-10 million
• US 2 Jct. SR 211 to Newport. Contractor: Inland Asphalt Co. Inc. Jim Ellingson Project Manager. WSDOT: Chad Simonson PE.
Category: Eastern WA Projects Greater than $10 million
• US 395/NSC-Freya to Farwell Rd. Contractor: Acme Concrete Paving Inc. Steve Clark Project Manager. WSDOT: Bob Hilmes PE.
Category: Western WA Projects $3-10 million
• I-5 to 12th Ave. S. – Seismic Retrofit. Contractor: PCL Construction Services Inc. Hunter Collins Project Manager. WSDOT: Aleta Borschowa PE.
Category: Western WA Projects Greater than $10 million
• SR 16/Burley-Olalla Interchange. Contractor: Ceccanti Inc. John Vandergriend Project Manager. WSDOT: Brendan Clarke PE.
Category: Statewide Special Mention
• SR 24-Othello at First St. I/S Improvements Stage 1. Contractor: MRM Construction Inc.; Mike Zabransky Project Manager. WSDOT: Robert Romine PE.
The Partnership for Environmental Excellence in Construction Management winners are:
• I-405 NE 195th St to SR 527 Northbound Auxiliary Lane. Contractor: Kiewit Infrastructure West Co.; Brad Halvorson Project Manager. WSDOT: Chad Brown’s PE Office.
• SR 202 Tokul Creek Bridge 202/58 Scour Repair. Contractor: Northwest Construction Inc. Kevin Jussel Project Manager. WSDOT: Amir Ahmadi’s PE Office.
• SR 522 UW Bothell/Cascadia Community College South Access. Contractor: Mowat Inc. Ryan Thorne Project Engineer. WSDOT: Janice Fahning’s PE Office