Northwest Construction magazine recently ranked the Top 15 construction starts in Washington State during 2009 ranked by construction costs. AGC of Washington members are general contractors for nine of these projects.
Guy F. Atkinson Construction appears on the list twice. The list of AGC of Washington members and their projects:
- Absher Construction Co. (Chief Sealth High School Modernization and Denny International Middle School);
- Andersen Construction (Overlake Medical Office Building and Parking Garage)
- Balfour Beatty Infrastructure (Sunnyside Water Treatment Plant);
- CH2M HILL (Spokane County Regional Water Reclamation Facility);
- Guy F. Atkinson Construction (SR 16 – Westbound Nalley Valley Freeway AND I-405 Braided Ramps Interchange Improvements);
- Howard S. Wright Constructors (Washington DIS Data Center and Office Building);
- Sellen Construction (Swedish/Issaquah Campus);
- Turner Construction (Seattle-Tacoma Intl. Airport Consolidated Rental Car Facility);
Click Northwest Construction for the complete list with additional info for each project. Northwest Construction notes that some projects beginning in 2008 were also included if they weren’t included in last year’s Top Project Starts. One project the $240-million Sea-Tac Airport Rental Car Facility is actually the largest ‘re-start’ having shut down in 2008 and then restarted in summer 2009.