Seven transportation construction projects were selected as winners of 2009 Partnership for Excellence in Contract Administration by the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) and AGC of Washington. For each of these projects awards were presented to the administrative team including the construction firm its project manager and the WSDOT project engineers and other staff. Awards were presented at a January 7 2010 event in Fircrest WA.
The administrative teams were honored for delivering transportation projects in a timely professional and responsive manner while also considering the needs of others who are affected by the project. A panel of judges based their selections on the following criteria: customer-focused administration innovative problem solving the overcoming of extraordinary challenges effective contract administration timely completion of the project and safety.
In addition two projects received Partnership for Environmental Excellence in Construction Management Awards. The projects were chosen according to criteria including innovation extraordinary response and collaboration.
The Excellence in Contract Administration winning projects are:
Category: Eastern WA Projects Less than $3 million
• Denny Creek Viaduct Vicinity – Stabilize Slopes. Contractor: Northwest Cascade Inc. of Puyallup WA.
Category: Eastern WA Projects $3-10 million
• Rock Island Rock Slope Nettings. Contractor: Janod Inc. of Champlain NY.
Category: Eastern WA Projects Greater than $10 million
• US 395/NSC-BNSF RR Tunnel. Contractor: Scarsella Bros. Inc. of Kent WA.
Category: Western WA Projects Less than $3 million
• US 101/SR 103; Fort Columbia/Long Beach Vicinity Paving. Contractor: Knife River Corporation of Bismark ND.
Category: Western WA Projects $3-10 million
• I 90 – Homer M Hadley Bridge: Special Bridge Repair. Contractor: General Construction Co. of Poulsbo WA.
Category: Western WA Projects Greater than $10 million (co-winners)
• Everett HOV Design Build. Contractor: Atkinson CH2MHill a Joint Venture of Renton WA.
• I-5 South 48th Street to Pacific Avenue. Contractor: Kiewit Pacific Co. of Renton WA.
The Partnership for Environmental Excellence in Construction Management winners are:
Category: Southwest WA Project
• Highland Creek Stream Channel Repair Project. Contractor: Rognlin’s Inc. of Aberdeen WA.
Category: Northwest WA Project
• I-405/I-5 to SR 169 Stage 1 Widening Project. Contractor: Tri-State Construction Inc. of Bellevue WA.