Comment sought for proposed State Building Code Council rules
The State Building Code Council (SBCC) is conducting rulemaking to update the State Building Code. The council is seeking public comments on proposed rules through Oct. 23.
The proposed rules include adoption and amendment of the following codes:
• The 2015 International Building, Residential, Mechanical and Fire Codes
• The Uniform Plumbing Code
• The 2015 International Energy Conservation Code, with state amendments known as the Washington State Energy Code.
In addition, SBCC adopted emergency rules for marijuana permitting, processing and extraction that went into effect on July 1, 2015. These rules will also be considered during the 2015 rulemaking cycle, and may be modified based on public comment.
The proposed rules are available on the SBCC rulemaking web page.
Two public hearings are scheduled:
• Sept. 11, Spokane: 10 a.m. at the Spokane Fire Department Training Center, 1618 N Rebecca St.
• Oct. 16, Olympia: 10 a.m. at the Department of Enterprise Services, 1500 Jefferson St.
Both verbal and written testimony will be accepted at the public hearings.
Comments may be submitted seven days a week via links on the rulemaking web page, by email, or mailed to:
Washington State Building Code Council
PO Box 41448
Olympia, WA 98504-1449
For more information, please contact the State Building Code Council at 360.407.9280