AGC Organizes Improvements and Repairs to the Center for Wooden Boats
Members of AGC of Washington whose building overlooks the CWB’s Lake Union site and the National Electrical Contractors Association are having a special impact on the facility by providing materials equipment and skilled carpenters electricians roofers crane operators and other craftsmen for a series of projects including (check out the photos here):
- Construction and repair of wood storage cabinets for life jackets and other equipment.
- Design and installation of a 20’ foot I-beam for the boat shop to lift small craft out of the water and into the shop for repair.
- Lifting 8 floating docks out of the water rebuilding and repairing them and returning them to the water.
- Providing and installing stove pipe for the wood stove in the boat shop.
- Installing new electrical service for the livery docks.
- Materials donations and reroofing of all CWB buildings.
Except for installation of the I-beam and reroofing all the projects have been completed.
A very special thanks to all the following participants who helped support this project: Lennon Crane CalPortland Gray Lumber Company McKinstry Co NCM NECA IBEW Local 46 – Seattle Lease Crutcher Lewis OAC KBA Construction Management Holmes Electric Yakima Steel Garner Scott Galvanizing Inc. and SNC Lavalin.
CWB is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to preserving maritime heritage for future generations by preserving and sharing both the artifacts and the time-tested maritime skills of sailing paddling boatbuilding and boat maintenance. Funding for CWB is provided by member dues and grants.