Construction in Washington State has flourished over the years with the help of strong leadership within the industry and the AGC of Washington. To ensure an equally successful future it is important for the next group of leaders to develop and prepare themselves for the future challenges of the industry. AGC of Washington recognized the need for a forum that targets our young professionals and provides an avenue to their involvement with the AGC. In 2007, the AGC Future Leadership Forum (FLF) was created as that avenue.
FLF activities are open to all early and mid-career construction industry professionals employed by an AGC member firm. To be placed on the mailing list to receive info on future activities, send an email to Sarah Teague, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose and Mission Statement:
FLF is a program to develop the professional and people skills of the up and coming leaders of Washington's construction industry. The FLF is focused on providing events centered on education, professional development and networking to enhance participants' knowledge of the local marketplace, the construction industry, the AGC, and their own potential as leaders.
- To be an open forum to exchange ideas.
- To be an entry vehicle into AGC to promote new member involvement.
- To foster a strong network among peers.
- To create and promote industry innovation.
- To help members stay current on industry trends and best practices.
- To help strengthen AGC of Washington for the 21st Century.
This past year FLF has held educational programs on BIM, bonding and insurance, construction economics, and government affairs/lobbying. Social activities have included a Mariners' game outing and pub visits. Join the mailing list to keep apprised of future activities!
FLF Steering Committee members are:
- Hunter Collins, PCL Construction
- Ian McFarland, University Mechanical Contractors
- Tim Nierman, Parker, Smith & Feek
- Shawn O'Leary, Holland Construction
- Tristan Swanson, Ashbaugh Beal
- Katie Trimpe, Turner Construction
- Cole Verner, Absher Construction, Chair
- Sean Woerman, Lydig Construction
Subcommittees are currently being formed in these areas: Events, Education, Membership, Finance, AGC Education Foundation Liaison, and AGC Liaison. From these subcommittees the future Steering Committee members will be drawn.
NEW! Young Constructor Membership
|Are you an employee of a non-member company, but would like to take part in the AGC events? Now, you can, as long as you only have 15 years or less in the construction industry. For only $100 a year per person you can take part in all AGC activities. Join today!
|Check out the FLF's LinkedIn page here. Please also check out the AGC's Facebook page here.
|FLF Sponsorship Opportunities
|Contact Sarah Teague to find out how you can sponsor our FLF activities.